Project Name: Northwestern Oklahoma State University – Fine Arts Building
Location: Alva, Oklahoma
Quaker Authorized Dealer: W. W. Starr Lumber in Alva, Oklahoma
Doors: Q380 Entry Doors
The Fine Arts Building on the Northwestern Oklahoma State University campus was originally known as Science Hall when it was initially built between 1906-1907. Now the oldest remaining building on campus, it is getting a face lift that takes it back to the beautiful historic looking windows of old, while adding the improved energy efficiency technology of today, which will ensure the preservation of this building long into the future.
The building, designed by the same architect as the Oklahoma State Capitol, originally housed the Agriculture, Geography, Physics, Zoology, Botany, and Domestic Science Departments. Renamed the Fine Arts building in 1948, the building has been updated and renovated on several occasion to meet the ever changing education landscape of the University.
Photo Credits: Northwestern Oklahoma State University PR Dept, & Representative Josh Hay